The Asian Hot Pot Cookbook
Family-friendly One Pot Meals
Gather your family and friends for the ultimate communal dinner!
This original cookbook is a labor of love from Amy Kimoto Kahn, a fourth-generation Japanese American mom, wife, and private chef. Originally published as Simply Hot Pots, it has now been updated and improved with beautiful new photographs, additional information on hot pot equipment for the home chef, an expanded table of contents and new glossary sections. The lightweight soft-cover format and user-friendly additions included in The Asian Hot Pot Cookbook make it the perfect kitchen guide for starting your own family hot pot traditions!
In Asia, hot pots have long been a cornerstone of home-cooking—a one pot meal, shared at the table, with family and friends helping themselves from the communal pot. The key to a successful hot pot is the base broth, and in this book you'll find a wide variety of recipes for broths and sauces, along with complete recipes for Asian-style hot pots from Japan, Korea, Thailand, Vietnam and more!
In this book you'll find everything you need to start your Asian hot pot journey:
- Hot pot equipment introduction
- The basic components of a hot pot
- How to serve hot pots at home
- A glossary of Asian ingredients
- 69 delicious recipes for hot pots including basic broths and sauces, side dishes and desserts
The delicious hot pots in this book include:
- Pork Sukiyaki, made with Sukiyaki Sauce, mushrooms, tofu, greens and noodles
- Thai Chicken Coconut Curry Hot Pot, made with Thai Coconut Curry Broth and served with Steamed Japanese Rice
- Green Vegetable Hot Pot, made with Creamy Corn Broth, Sesame Miso Sauce and bursting with asparagus, kale, bok choy and broccoli
- Korean Short Ribs with Spicy Kimchi Hot Pot, made with Korean Kimchi Broth and udon noodles
In addition to 32 Hot Pot recipes, you'll find 24 recipes for basic broths, sauces and rice, 8 side-dish recipes and 5 mouthwatering desserts, providing everything you need for fun and healthy meals that can be enjoyed by the whole family!
Amy Kimoto-Kahn is a fourth-generation Japanese-American mom of three who lives in Boulder, Colorado. A graduate of the Miyajima Ramen School in Osaka, Japan, her cooking is influenced by the recipes handed down through generations of her family and friends. She works part time as a personal chef and has taught a series of Asian-inspired cooking classes at Williams Sonoma, Google, Twitter and Disney. She was also formerly a private chef for a few professional athletes. She is the author of the bestselling cookbook Simply Ramen (2016). When she isn't cooking, she runs her own marketing firm, Fat Duck Consulting, which she founded in 2008. You can find her new foodie experiences on her Instagram @e.p.j and her favorite recipes shared on her blog easypeasyjapanesey.com
Paperback | Tuttle | 144 pages